Friday, April 22, 2016

The wrong side of the bed

Happy Friday! Well, for most people it is. Apparently the Leesmann men of KC failed to get that memo this morning.

This morning was rough as both Ricky and C were grumpy. C, who normally wakes up and contentedly talks to himself until we get him out of the crib, started fussing as soon as Ricky went in to grab him. I wonder if he's got another tooth getting ready to break through, but seeing as C's vocabulary is a bit limited still it's not like he can fill us in on what's going on with his body.

Ricky woke up a bit earlier than normal due to not being able to sleep, so honestly this should have been my first indicator. The second should've been the fact that he was pestering C after breakfast. Not in a mean way, but in a way that's a dead giveaway that he was a big brother growing up. He's done this to me before, too, so I get how frustrating it can be to go through. Especially since I tend to be an angry crier, which just exacerbates everything. No bueno.

C's not really crazy about his sippy cup being on his high chair tray if he's not actively using it, but Ricky kept teasing him by putting it back on the tray after C tried removing it. This just led to five minutes or so of the back and forth of Ricky putting the cup on the tray, C whining and trying to remove it, lather, rinse and repeat.

Finally fed up with it, I just removed the cup so it was closer to me. Unfortunately both of their moods continued through the getting ready to leave process. C whining, Ricky acting off. It's not fun. And if you've read previous entries, you can probably guess that I ended up snapping at Ricky (which I'm not proud of, but it happens).

He ended up simply saying bye and walking from the garage back into the house. No goodbye kiss or "love you" for me. Sucks, but I get it.

With a defeated sigh I turned and got in the car. C seemed content enough on the way to school so hopefully his mood will be better when I pick him up. Ricky, due to the stressful nature of his job, I won't hold my breath. Maybe his mood will improve after he works out and mows the lawn. After all, "endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't kill their husbands." Or... annoy their wives and kids in this case.

I wish there was a way I could help my guys feel better when they get into these funks. I don't like seeing people, especially my people, unhappy. But I'm only one person, and sometimes bad moods just need to be worked through. Hopefully this is one of those times that the working through is quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment