Thursday, April 14, 2016

Pine Grove

When you have a little one that you see on the daily it can be hard to realize how much they have truly grown. Yes, Ricky and I find ourselves saying almost everyday how big C is getting, but last night I had one of those thunderbolt moments.

The weather has been gorgeous lately, and C (as per most little boys) loves spending as much time outside as possible. Our backyard is slightly limited - especially since Ricky had just watered the sodded areas and gardens - so C and I decided to head up to the neighborhood playground.

Normally when we head that way we do so with C riding in the Radio Flyer. Last night we hoofed it instead. Hand-in-hand C and I headed off. It was kind of slow going (he has short legs still), but he made it the whole way.

Let that sink in. My 18-month-old was able to walk about a half-mile, mostly uphill on his own.

My favorite shadow buddy.


We stopped a couple times so I could ask if he wanted to keep going or head back home, and he legit got upset the one time I tried turning around before we reached our final destination. Safe to say my child is strong-willed (at least he comes by it naturally).

Granted he was wiped after going down the slides twice and I had to carry him the whole way home. Worth it. I got baby snuggles, and we made it home much quicker than we made it to the park.

It's amazing how big he's gotten.

The day we went home from the hospital. Pre-buckling up or even getting near a car.
The days are long, but the years are short. No freaking joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment