Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Why basic?

Picture the cliche, 30-year-old, female living in a large Midwestern city. She's probably married with pets, maybe a kid or two, a smidge overweight (if we're being honest) and awkward, but straightforward and friendly. Her tastes are basic: she loves boots and skinny jeans, coffee (Starbucks, particularly), fall weather, craft beer, Target is her favorite, she's obsessed with her town, her teams, etc. Got the image of what she looks, acts and sounds like in your head?  Good.

Hi, I'm Lindsey. I'm pretty basic, but I'm okay with that.

Language warning, Mom! Per Urban Dictionary.


I decided to start this blog because I have a lot of random thoughts and ideas that fly through my head, essay-style, so this was the best way to get it out. And since the best blogs tend to have themes, I needed one, too.

Possible blog ideas:
  • Mommy-hood
  • Exercise plan with a big end goal
  • Personal change
  • Pets
  • Hobbies/arts & crafts
Notice a trend? They're all a little trite. Google any of these topics and you'll find tons of blogs and bloggers who have already covered these. Not that that's not admirable, especially if done well, but who wants to read the same thing over and over?

Not only that, but I tend to have the bad habit of starting something and not fully seeing it through to the end - at least in my personal life - so that makes for a random, piecemeal blog. Again, not something anyone really wants to read.

So instead I decided to go with the theme of basic. Why? Because it's me, in a nutshell. And, it allows the freedom to write about whatever topic happens to pop into my mind at the moment. Win-win!

So to anyone who happens to stumble across my little chunk of the Internet, welcome. Hopefully you're entertained. If no one finds this, at least I can finally get these essays out of my head and down on "paper."

No comments:

Post a Comment